Strategic Executive: Projects, IT & Engineering
Back to listDate Posted
05 Jun 2018
22 Jun 2018
Days Left before deadline
The Namibia Airports Company is a wholly State-owned company established in terms of the NAC Act (Act No. 25 of 1998) and governed by the State-owned Enterprises Act (Act No. 2 of 2006) and companies Act (Act No. 28 of 2004), to undertake the operation, management and control of certain aerodromes in Namibia, and to provide for incidental matters.
Suitably qualified and highly motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following position:
STRATEGIC EXECUTIVE: PROJECTS, IT & ENGINEERING
1 X POSITION: WINDHOEK: JOB GRADE (E2)
The incumbent reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Purpose of this Position:
Responsible for the overall strategic vision, planning, organizing and execution of all airports construction projects, IT operations and airport engineering functions. This includes directing all IT operations, delivery of all airports infrastructure construction and maintenance projects and the maintenance of avionics and ensure compliance to standards, operating procedures, legislation and directives, to ensure overall sound management of the airports operations.
Job Competencies include:
· understands the technical aspects of contraction project management, information technology and avionics
· Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies,
· Proven ability to lead a progressive and diverse teams in projects, IT and Engineering,
· Ability to manage multiple and concurrent technical projects and motivate a professional team,
· Problem analysis and resolution ability at both a strategic and functional level,
· Experience of managing technical experts and consultants,
· Broad knowledge of information technology systems, avionics engineering and project management concepts and methodologies,
· Project management and contract administration,
· Strategic focus and ability to think and operate at a strategic level,
· Analytical, decisive and problem solving skills,
· Ability to train and develop employees and conduct user training.
· Focusing on high quality business performance and have a positive outlook
· A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
· Reliable, tolerant and determined
· Empathetic and clear communicator, able to see things from other person’s perspective
· Well-presented and businesslike
· Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel
· Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
· Able to get on with others and be a team-player
Educational Requirements / Experience:
· An undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized tertiary institution is mandatory,
· Relevant Technical post graduate degree qualification, i.e. Master degree in Engineering with a specialization in transportation will be an added advantage,
· At least 10 years’ senior management experience of which 5 years should have been at middle management,
A demonstrated track record of accomplishment in aviation engineering, construction project management and IT
Closing date for application: 22 June 2018
Applications accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (including career path to date, and contactable references), and non-returnable certified copies of qualifications, certificates, transcripts and identity document should be forwarded to:
The Strategic Executive: Human Resources Department
Namibia Airports Company
Windhoek Head Office
154 Independence Avenue
5th Floor, Sanlam Centre
P O Box 23061
Telephone number: (061) 295 5140
E-mailed and faxed applications shall not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No documents will be returned to unsuccessful candidates.
The Company reserves the right to conduct detailed background checks.