Safety Officers, Job Grade C3
Back to listDate Posted
05 Jul 2019
19 Jul 2019
Days Left before deadline
Download Supporting Files: Safety Officers, Job Grade C3
3 X Safety Officers, Job Grade C3,
1 X Eros Airport,
2 X Walvis Bay Airport
The incumbents reports to the Chief Safety Officer
Purpose of this position:
To coordinate and implement airport safety operation standards, policies and procedures as it relates to aircraft, passengers, equipment, and infrastructure and ensure that the safety guidelines, of NAMCARS and ICAO recommended practices are adhered to.
Job competencies include:
· Coordinate and facilitate the inspection of airfield facilities, including; runways, taxiways, safety areas, paved and non-paved surfaces, lighting, signage, markings, security related assets for compliance with safety and security regulations;
· Close airfield facilities and security related assets during unsafe or un-secure operational conditions, or to accommodate scheduled operations. Re-opens airfield facilities when safe and secure conditions are restored;
· Undertake inspection within the boundary and the vicinity around the aerodrome in accordance with the obstacle control procedure under 1v.8.1 of the operations manual;
· Maintain records of inspection undertaken and follow up on corrective action if any and / or when necessary;
· Establish a database of safety trends and make improvement recommendations to maintain safety standards;
· Administers the airport Safety Management System (SMS) program and functions;
· Provide input to the drafting of the safety budget and ensure that safety needs and requirements are catered for;
· Liaise with national and international bodies and professionals to keep abreast of latest technologies.
· Diploma in safety management;
· At least 3 - 4 years in the field of aviation safety, at an airport, airbase, airline, military base or an emergency communications dispatch centre;
· Valid driver’s license.
Required Specialisation and Certification
· Safety management training courses.
· Good understanding of aviation industry, aircraft and airport operations;
· Good knowledge of airport, aviation and safety rules, regulations, laws and safety principles, concepts and methodologies;
· Knowledge of equipment, tools and facilities required for safe and efficient operations of the airport;
· Knowledge of modern aviation safety techniques and safety precautions involved and required at the airport;
· Able to communicate and motivate teams as well as relate meaningfully to the team;
· Good writing and communication skills;
· Analytical, decisive and problem solving skills;
· Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies;
· Good supervisory and administrative skills;
· Ethical conduct and high integrity;
· Ability to conduct safety related training.
Applications accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (including career path to date, and contactable references), and non-returnable certified copies of qualifications, certificates, transcripts and identity document should be forwarded to:
The Strategic Executive: Human Resources Department
Namibia Airports Company
P O Box 23061
E-mailed and faxed applications shall not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No documents will be returned to unsuccessful candidates.
The Company reserves the right to conduct detailed background checks
Closing date for applications: 19 July 2019