Mechanical Foreman (C5)
Back to listDate Posted
05 Jul 2019
19 Jul 2019
Days Left before deadline
Download Supporting Files: Mechanical Foreman (C5)
Mechanical Foreman (C5)
The incumbent reports to the Airport Engineer: Hosea Kutako International Airport
Purpose of this position:
Plan, direct and conduct all corrective and preventive aerodrome maintenance plans and programmes for the mechanical works, ensuring optimum application of all resources which includes manpower, time and materials as well as ensuring the safekeeping of all routine planning and maintenance documentation.
Job competencies include:
· Provide assistance with the cleaning of the workshop area, tools and equipment used in the section;
· Accounting for all tools and ensuring that any tool breakdowns reported immediately before next need of use;
· Provide status scheduled reporting on all maintenance work undertaken;
· Identify the need for repairs, renovations or minor new works and recommend for inclusion to maintenance schedule;
· Supervise all corrective and preventive maintenance and maintain data of all routine planning documentation;
· Respond to call-outs for mechanical repairs after hours and on weekends.
· Successfully completed and apprenticeship or vocational school training;
· At least 3 - 4 years’ experience in the area of mechanical engineering and maintenance operations;
· Valid driver’s license.
Required Specialization and Certification
· Mechanical specialization
· Demonstrate an understanding of the aviation industry, aircraft and airport operations;
· Good knowledge of mechanical systems, standards, regulations, laws and such relevant trade principles, concepts and methodologies;
· Knowledge of the handling of all mechanical equipment, tools and operations required for safe and efficient operations of the airport;
· Knowledge of mechanical best operating practices, occupational hazards, and trade techniques required at the airport;
· Analytical, decisive and problem solving skills;
· Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies;
· Ethical conduct and high integrity;
· Ability to undertake research and benchmarking exercise;
· Solid writing skills and communication skills;
· Communicating technical concepts to technical and technical audiences.
Applications accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (including career path to date, and contactable references), and non-returnable certified copies of qualifications, certificates, transcripts and identity document should be forwarded to:
The Strategic Executive: Human Resources Department
Namibia Airports Company
P O Box 23061
E-mailed and faxed applications shall not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No documents will be returned to unsuccessful candidates.
The Company reserves the right to conduct detailed background checks
Closing date for applications: 19 July 2019